10.03.2012

1, 2, 3 4....

                    5. (No, not the song...you know, Mambo # 5? Who remembers that song? Hands??)
but he is FIVE, my oldest son. Officially big, in my book. A whole hands-worth of age!

(one. On Baby Beach in Kauai, Hawaii...stealing Daddy's pizza)
(two. Redfeather Lakes, Colorado)

(three. By some beloved train tracks...)
four. At the harvest festival in Prescott Valley, Az last fall)

 (five. In the giant tub with his brother and sister-the first "big" bath for baby. Does this kid have an fantastic smile, or what??)

       A little male bonding on the couch yesterday afternoon while Daddy "showed" the boys how to play Pax's new birthday present...

...and Pax waited impatiently for the Lobmeyers to come over for swimming (seriously, who would've ever  thought when he was born in D-town that someday he'd live in a place where it would be warm enough to have a mini pool-party for his October birthday? Not me! But it was 100 yesterday, so-pool party!!) 
and, of course, all the kids waited very impatiently to eat the cake. Pax takes the choosing of his cake theme very, very seriously. And then I try to recreate it.
Ready to see it?
.....you know my cakes are generally prettier in my head than in reality, right?
(but they taste good. Cake decorating...not my forte.)
ready?






I think this one turned out pretty well.





wait for it....










TA-DAH!!! 
I give you....the Angry Birds Space cake.
(that's who the purple bird is...from the Angry Birds Space game. Don't worry-I had to look it up, too.)
A closer look at the pigs. Pigs are easy though. The uglier, the better! He was thrilled, anyways. Beyond thrilled, actually-which made this Mama feel pretty good.
Pax-boy, I love you so much, my ornery, silly, crazy-dancing, book-loving, bull-dozer of a Firstborn. You are a challenge and a joy every day, and Daddy and I are so very thankful that we get to be your parents-God has used you to teach us so much in 5 years. I pray that wherever you go-whatever you do-
you would know that we are proud of you
that we like you, to say nothing of loving you
and that you would be rock-solid 
in who God made you and His purpose in your life. Pursue Him with all the passion and determination you have, Small Son.


No comments: