3.16.2013

This kid...


Adam and I were outside working on a new headboard for Blythe's big-girl room (more on that soon...I think.). The boys were out with us while Blythe napped; Blaise was exploring everything that was not one of the several toys I'd brought out for him, and Pax was playing in his happy place on the side of the yard. And then he came over to show us what he'd been doing....












 I think it's safe to say he likes the mud.


         I love this kid's love of the outdoors, and his desire just to play and explore and make mud and messes and giant dirt-tracks for his trucks and anything else that comes into his head. His attitude about life, ability to listen-everything-is a thousand times better if he can just be outside. Which I think is generally true of most kids, and of small sons in particular. This house, with it's giant backyard and can't-mess-it-up landscaping has been such a blessing in its' SPACE in the middle of the city! That's also reason 10009 I'm glad I have the ablility to homeschool right now-Pax would struggle, at this point, with a conventional school day just because he needs to move-a LOT-in order to be able to focus and concentrate for long periods of time. He's a 5-year-old boy....that's pretty normal. He's also lucky that Arizona hose water isn't as freezing  ice-cold as it is in Colorado :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And that's why I love this kid.