9.15.2009

Erin

Erin and I have been friends since she was a Senior in high school and I was a Freshman. We were in youth group together, and stayed in touch on-and off until I was a freshman in college. We both ended up working with the youth group at the same church, hung out a lot, had fun...she's great. One of those people that, no matter how long it's been since you've seen them, you know that you'll pick up right where you left off. I missed her wedding 2 years ago because it was on my due date with Pax, which I was very sad about. But I was not about to miss this! Erin and her husband, Aaron (yup that's right!) had a beautiful, healthy little boy last Thursday night. This pregnancy has been especially meaningful (and scary, at times, for Erin) because they lost a baby boy last summer. Erin found out at around 20 weeks that the baby was no longer alive; at the same time she found out that she had a massive tumor on one of her ovaries. We're talkin' football-sized. They believe this is what caused the baby to die; so Erin and Aaron not only had to deal with the loss of their little guy, whom Erin had to be induced to deliver anyways, but as soon as she recovered from the birth she had to undergo surgery to remove the tumor, and tests to see if it was cancerous or not. Thankfully, it wasn't; Erin healed well and they were warned not to get pregnant again until the New Year. But a little surprise came their way a little early! Asher Benjamin Peter was carried safely to delivery and born healthy. I'd asked Erin if I could take some newborn pics of Asher when he was a few weeks old; the next day she asked me if I could take some maternity pics of her, as well. I just wanted to post a few, because I had so much fun and she has such amazing hair!! Plus, she is (and has been!) a dear, dear friend...and I know some of our mutual friends read my blog. So, without further ado...Erin! One week before Asher's birth....
I call this next one the "yes, this is what I always do when I'm 9 months pregnant..." look :)


Congratulations, Erin and Aaron! Can't wait to take pictures of your sweet little guy!!