9.30.2010

A blog with substance

Awhile ago (really, I think it was sometime in August...) my friend Jill gave my a sweet little award. Which was a little crazy to me; but I'm very honored, because it's nice to know that my ramblings mean something to someone other than me. Even if it's just Jill ;) Basically, when you are given the award, there are 2 rules:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiFl58Y2H9x9ShawNNsrkpSFTEVan2ZGrB3mvlEbUrCQfPLVvLcGYKW5s3aDo23181Q4bb_JS5c96kQtnRpTeOWWThXZFOoLV2cQg-5iZ9mSHkXHfRy12LEBObinH-SpGA5R-PQzXan_AxT/s1600/blog+award.jpg

The Blog With Substance Award has just 2 simple rules: sum up your blogging philosophy in 5 words and pass the award onto 5 other bloggers!
I'm going to break the first rule (sorry, Jill! I know how you feel about rule-breakers...) because the tag line at the top of my blog summarizes my blogging style perfectly : Life through the eyes of one of God's worshipers.
As for the 5 bloggers I'm going to pass it on to?
First, there's Adventures of the Loya Family. Some good friends of ours who we knew way-back in our early dating, Ft. fun, working-with-teenagers-pt.1-days sold their house, bought a 5th wheeler, and have been traveling all over the country for Jonathan's job (he builds tanks...like the huge, 70-ft high holding tank kind, not the military kind). Their daughter wasn't much more than 1 when they started; they've since added a fun little boy; and she home schools. All in a 5th wheeler. I LOVE hearing about their adventures!
Next, there's Sarah at A True Story. Sarah and I first met on stage when we sang in the band together in D-town..her love of fun, shoes, and (of course!) the spotlight made us instant friends (you may recognize them from my posts about their engagement and wedding, which I was lucky enough to photograph last April!); her beautiful heart and passion for life keeps us friends, even though we don't get to see each other as much as I'd like.
Then there's Megan at Eternal Made Reality. I can't even begin to put into words how much this woman and her friendship-and her family- have blessed my life. I miss living across the street from them, so instead we keep up on Fac*book, phone calls, and stalking each other's blogs :). Which *ahem* by the way, Meg, you haven't written for awhile...hint, hint. And consider yourself forwarned, girl- my hubby has already promised to send me out there for a few days once the baby is weaned...
Fourth (or is it fourthly?) I have Kari at The Wee Warrens Kari and I have literally grown up together- we met in preschool, and made it through Jr. high and high school together. I love being able to see what she and Will (her high school sweetheart-we were all in band together. YAY bandgeeks!!) are up to now-and, of course, to see pictures of sweet little Chloe!!
Finally, meet Emily at Meme Simply. Emily is my nephews' mother; she handles my nephew's "Colorado family" with grace, as well as being very good about making sure our family gets time with Ayden (my nephew). The rest of the time I keep up with what's going on in their lives through her blog (of course!) If you visit her blog, you'll probably recognize her oldest son (of 3!).
So there you go. The 5 blogs with substance I'm giving this award to...hopefully they'll keep up the spirit of the award and pass it on! (c'mon, ladies!)

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad you did this. (you're the only one by the way...) You deserve it! I love your writings. I love your pictures. I love your family. I love you! You are an awesome mom and I'm blessed to call you friend!

Jill said...

PS. You've GOT to tell us what Pax got for his birthday! :)