11.10.2011

LA LA land

We have these fantastic friends, Megan and Benjie. Our families lived across the street from each other once upon a time in D-town. Now, they live in L.A. and we live in the Valley. BUT, since 6 1/2 hours is a whole lot closer than oh, at least 16...we decided one weekend in October to road trip out there for a three-day weekend.
 And we had so much fun! There's something so very refreshing about old friends-good friends-that you can laugh with, play with, and just pick right back up with where you left off (well, almost. There are a few more littles running around now...). The kids played, and played, and played, and had SO much fun together! Pax turned to Lily (almost5) at one point and told her, "You're my best friend.....(then, glancing over at another little girl from the base who was playing with them, he quickly added) and so are you,". Later that night Lily leaned over and gave Pax a little smooch on the cheek. Pax and Sadie (3) are both super busy, active kids; so if he felt the need to run he'd go up to her and say "Tag! you're it!" or, "Hey, come with me!" or something equally smooth before the two of them ran off.
 Blythe divided her time between trying to keep up with the bigger kiddos, and loving this little sweetie...Olivia is 4 months old, and such a mellow, sweet, kissable little dollie! By the end of the trip, B would tell me, "My baby cry!" When Megan put her down for a nap, or "my baby hungee!" when she was eating. Apparently she's adopted Olivia :)
 As for the adults? We took turns-the guys went out alone Friday morning, the ladies Saturday afternoon-and all 4 of us went out together Friday night. So.much.fun. We laughed until tears came, ate good food, drove down Sunset Boulevard, and went to a club in the Hollywood area that had a random girl in a window. Yes, she was alive...art, I guess? And there are no pictures of the adults-not really sure what happened there.
                                    Sadie, enjoying chocolate chip pancakes Saturday morning!
yummmm....

watching a show with their buddies. I asked them to all sit together so I could get a picture....
...and this is what I got. I should know better than to try to take a picture of a bunch of littles while they're watching t.v.! And this video just makes me laugh...
Megan and Benjie, it was SO fantastic to see you guys last month...and the girl in the window :) Hope we can do it again soon!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

So glad you got some pics!!! I sure didn't :) It was so awesome...loved.every.moment.of.it!!!Next time we will have to come your way. Did I ever mention that I think I laugh more with you guys than with anyone else?? Gotta love ya!!!