11.17.2011

Thankful Thursday

It's been..well...a ridiculously long time since I've done one of these posts. But, aside from the fact that it's Thanksgiving next week and Thankfulness (as well as pie!) is just on my mind...I find that, when I make the time to write down this little lists of thankfuls-I'm more thankful. More mindful of the blessings I'm surrounded with-no matter what the out word circumstances may be. And that's something that I know I need more of-as is the rest of the world, if the status updates on my Facebo*k are any indication. At first, it's a choice-choosing to see the good instead of the bad; choosing to find something to be thankful for in every situation. But soon it takes over and simply becomes a part of who you are-thankfulness. And who doesn't want to be that person, instead of the whiner next door? Ya know what I mean?? So. The revival of Thankful Thursdays...

..I'm thankful for washers and dryers. Can't imagine washing sheets for all our company this weekend, on top of our sheets, as well as doing so many loads of "my 22-month-old is potty training" laundry without them. Actually, I can...that's why I'm so thankful :)

...I'm thankful for Pinter*st. Not only is it a fantastic way to organize all the little things I'd like to try, but it's giving me some fantastic recipes and ideas I've already put into use!

...I'm thankful for family holiday visits. We get to spend the next week with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins...couldn't be more excited to see everyone! Unless, perhaps, I turned into my children.

...I'm thankful for new babies, and old friends to celebrate those new babies with. I have 2 cousins and 5 friends who are due within 2 months either way of me, and a cousin and a dear friend who have both given birth to sweet little dollies recently. So fun to grow up with these girls, and then have kiddos who will be within months of each other in age!

...I'm thankful for a husband who is not grossed out by anything medically or bodily-function related. And who happens to make great bread.

...I'm thankful for the energy of our two littles, and their love of being outside.

...I'm thankful that it's cooled down enough for us to actually enjoy being outside this month.

...I'm thankful for the way Small Son and B play together.

...I'm thankful for children who potty train early!

...I'm thankful for the surge of energy I've finally gotten this week! Makes the fact that I'm still throwing up much easier to deal with.

No comments: