6.22.2012

30 days of Pinterest: Day 6



      Day 6...finally! This day, we made our own sidewalk paint. So fun! Again, a super easy to make with things I had on hand in the kitchen...cornstarch, water, and food coloring. Love. Easy prep=my favorite part (hey, I had a 5 week old-going to the grocery store with all three kiddos was still a production!) Stirring in the food coloring = my kids' favorite part! I let them take turns choosing what colors they wanted; another little science experiment as we mixed our food coloring to make orange, purple, brown, teal...super fun.
 The actual painting didn't go quite like I thought it would. The paint was pretty light on the concrete...maybe we needed brighter colors? But the kids had a great time with it! It was fun to watch the painting evolve from the sidewalk to painting cars and  themselves...Fairly true to their attention spans, Blythe painted for..oh...maybe 5 minutes. Pax, on the other hand, was out there for at least 30 minutes. I think my most favorite part of all was watching their play evolve together...more and more frequently these days, our older two actually play together; sometimes Pax is the leader, sometimes it's B. Watching their relationship evolve is just so much fun!  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's good to know about the light colors. I was planning on doing this soon. Glad you guys are having fun.