2.05.2009

Thankful Thursday!


Today, I am thankful for...great dental genetics and parents who were very dilligent about my dental care growing up!

Let me explain.

Adam and I have not been to the dentist for cleanings in at least 3 years. I know, I know. Well, we finally decided to go before we are not employed at the church anymore and therefore can't get reimbursed for it (we didn't know we had this little perk for quite awhile...one of the excuses for not seeing the dentist earlier). We both had appointments this week, Adam on Tuesday and mine today. We went to Dr. Caldwell's office (thanks Jill!), where there is a very nice hygenist whom Adam has known forever, making the experience just that much more fun! Adam's appointment on Tuesday took 1 1/2 hours...and he had 3 cavities. Now, you need to understand that Adam flosses DILIGENTLY and we both use Sonicare toothbrushes. I, on the other hand, floss about once a year, when i feel a little guilty about it.

My appointment lasted 45 minutes and I was told at least 8 times that I had "great teeth!" And no cavities.

Adam does not think this is in any way fair! But what can I say? I just have good teeth...never had a cavity, although i have had thousands of dollars worth of orthodontic work done...but then, so has he. We have beautiful smiles!! Mine just happens to be beautiful on the inside, too. Adam's...well...let's just say if they did gold fillings we'd be rich :) He has 2 appointments in the next 2 weeks to get his cavities filled, and has requested soup and Frostys on those days. So thankful am I for my "great teeth!" that I called my mom on the way home and thanked her, too.

No comments: