2.26.2009

Thankful Thursday...it's been awhile!

I realized today that there has been quite a dearth (great word, I know!) of blogging going on at Sunflower Eyes...not because I don't have anything to blog about (ooohhhh, do I have things to blog about!! Crazy, fun, exhausting things from the past few weeks...), but simply because I've been so busy living the crazy soon-to-be- blog stories that I haven't had time to write them down...I will soon, I promise, since Adam keeps bugging me about when I'm going to blog about the latest adventures of the Cupboard Dweller and other stuff...but for now: a short & sweet thankful Thursdays list.
Today, I am....
-thankful that my son is, although perhaps not a great sleeper, a great and flexible traveler.
-Thankful that I have family with extra bedrooms living in town (more about that one later...)
-thankful that my husband loves to take the time to plan surprises for me he knows I will LOVE (more about that later, too...)
-thankful for the kids I tutor-so different, so interesting, so fun to be challenged to help them learn!
-thankful for the BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE we've been having this week...ahhh, flipflops!
-thankful for whoever invented toenail polish.
-thankful that my son loves people so much and makes it his personal mission to smile, wave and say "hi there!" to each and every one we pass.
-thankful for the sweet Sam's club lady who he charmed today...she gave him a sugar cookie, and it kept him busy almost the whole way home from Farmington!
-thankful for my station wagon.
-thankful that we get to go to the marriage conference for free this weekend because it's considered part of our job. We would have gone anyways, but it is nice to not have to worry about coming up with the money for it!
Sometimes we take for granted all the big and little things we have to be thankful for...what are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have missed your posts! And I can't wait to hear all the new adventures of the Cupboard Dweller!

Jill said...

So excited to hear all the fun stories you've been storing up!

Miss. Jinny said...

Hey I am thankful for the person who invented nail polish as well! :) I am painting my nails right now and i will soon be painting my toe nails! :) I can't wait to hear/read all of your fun exciting stories! :)