6.10.2010

Lovely Day.

What a sweet morning- got to have some mama + Pax time doin' some playing the river by our house...in the same place I used to play with my little friends as a kiddo. B stayed home with my mom-didn't realize how much I miss doing things like that with the buddy. So fun. We played and splashed and laughed and pretended to be ducks (he's 2..playing pretend is what we do!) and i didn't have to think once about where the baby was, or if she was ok, or finding her a toy if she got fussy. Just focused on my little son. He soaked it up. So did I..I know that time is essential, but as the baby gets older it gets harder to find. Gonna have to make more of an effort- Adam sometimes takes him to get a donut early Saturday mornings, just the two of them, but I realized today how important it is that he gets that "away" one-on-one time with me, too. And, if you're wondering (because I know EVERYONE is as interested as I am...) he's doing beautifully with the plug exchange. Actually, he's slept better the past 2 nights than he has the past 2 weeks-go figure! So glad that's over!! And, sorry, no pictures of us pretending to be ducks--for once I didn't have a camera with me. Just enjoyed our time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woohoo for duck & no passy time! Go Pax! And thanks for blogging more frequently - I have to get my fix somehow... :) Love you & so glad you had a date!