6.13.2010

The Toddler School of Life

After books & prayers with Daddy and snuggles with Mama last night, little Mr. "i'm not (yawn!) tired" pulled out the ONLY bedtime procrastination tool that works:
"Mama, I have to go POOP!"
sigh. He's still just learning this, I tell myself...go put him on the potty, even though he's wearing a diaper....
so we sit.
and sit.
finally, I ask, "Pax, do you REALLY have to go poop? Cause if you don't and you told Mama you did, that's lying and that's not ok,"

Pax: "ROar!!"

Me:"No, not a lion; lying,"

Pax: "ROAAAAR!!!"

at which point I started to crack up, which set off more "ROARRR!!"s and effectively ruined my teaching moment.
Not sure who, exactly, is in school here...

4 comments:

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh my goodness that is so stinkin funny and cute! :) Love it, thanks for the giggle! :)

Unknown said...

Ha! That is awesome!

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Love it! Beautiful sweet boy.. Mr. Pax. I believe having children has taught me more about myself than I EVER could teach my children.

Megan said...

Oh Potty Training, how we love thee :) Lily still tries to get out of bed every night to go poop....hmmmm.