1.19.2011

Happy Birthday, Sugar B!!

My tiny, sweet Blythe Linn--how can you be 1 already?? It seems like just yesterday we were waiting (and waiting and waiting...) for you to be born. (B 1/2 hour old)
Tentatively counting the mild contractions that marked the start of your debut into the world; a start so mellow that it belied your feisty, silly, on-the-go personality. I love the way you fake-laugh when other people are laughing. I love the way you play with your big brother; the way you adore your daddy so much that, as soon as you hear the latch on the gate when he comes home at night, your arms and legs start dancing and your eyes light up and you yell, "dada!!dada!!dada!!" while throwing yourself into my arms....(10 days old)
I love the way your sweet grey-green eyes sparkle; your funny, deep baby voice that makes it hard to tell if it's you or your brother crying at night. I love that you'd rather play with people (your brother in particular) more than ANY toy...except for Dolly. I love how unexpectedly you fell in love with that tiny, 3-dollar Tar*et doll and the kisses ("mmmmmuah!!") and hugs you give her. (6 months old)
I love your little personality; how you already know how to tease your brother (although it drives me crazy too...); your sweet snuggles, your toddling steps, your little words, your busy, climbing, un-cautious dare-devil-ness.
Daddy and I are so thankful you're our little daughter, B. We didn't know what our family was missing-but it was you. Love you so very much, sweet pea...can't wait to see what your 2nd year holds :)(the last 2 pictures are from her little 1st birthday party last Saturday...more on that crazy day later!)Oh, and Happy 1st Birthday to little Miss Peyton, too...Blythe's 2-days-older little friend :) this picture is from when the girls were both 6 months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Princess! Can't wait to hug you in person!