2.17.2011

Thankful Thursday

Shhhh….do you hear that? It’s the sound of me relaxing. Completely, utterly, totally relaxing. By myself. Because, you see, my husband got me one of the best Christmas presents EVER…a trip (by myself) to go see one of my favorite people in the world (and her family….by myself) for about 3 ½ days. Did I mention I get to go BY MYSELF?? Please, don’t get me wrong—I love my family. I adore my husband; love being with him and the life we have. I love being the mama to my two sweet littles. Every mama knows, though, that sometimes---you just need a break. And my fantastic husband gave me just that. The gift of a break. Of time…. to relax, to enjoy being with a great friend, to talk and laugh and see what their life is like now that we live several thousand miles apart, instead of several hundred feet apart.
I gave Adam a trip like this to go see his good buddy for his birthday-and I was completely surprised Christmas morning to see he’d done the same for me! I don’t think words can express just how excited I am…although it’s all very surreal. I can’t even picture what it will be like to fly by myself (which I haven’t done since I was planning my wedding), to be without my kids for more than 12 hours…(that happened last summer, photographing weddings). I haven’t been gone from B overnight yet. I haven’t been away from my husband AND my son since a good friend’s wedding when I was 6 months pregnant with the little girlie. I have absolutely no idea what I’ll do with myself at the airport without little ones to keep track of or take to the bathroom…but I’m pretty sure it’ll involve a cup of coffee and a magazine. Doesn’t that sound wonderful?? Not to mention that on the other end will be a fantastic women I am blessed to call a true friend and her equally fantastic family. I have no doubt that at the end of my trip, I’ll be more than ready to see my little family again. But for now, I’m just planning on enjoying my gift of time. I am so thankful today for this opportunity…so thankful for one of the best Christmas presents ever. And, of course, I’ll be taking my camera.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOOHOO!!!! Enjoy every single minute!!!

Jill said...

What a blessing! Have a wonderful and relaxing time. It will be sooooo good for both of you. Enjoy each other and your time together. Be refreshed and blessed and please, please, please give them all a hug from the Palmers!

Megan said...

Heck YES!!!! Ha ha it is wonderful for sure to get to be "alone" as a mother :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow morning!! Enjoy your magazine and cup of coffee tomorrow!!! Love ya.

Rachel said...

That sounds like an awesome present! Hope it was everything you wished for!