9.13.2012

Diary of a (pre)Med student('s wife): halfway there (almost).

It's 7:22 and my children are still asleep..as well they should be. We ( the littles and I) got to my folks's house in Colorado about 10 last night; they definitly didn't go to bed until at least 11:30. Once upon a time, this trip was supposed to be just me & the babe, as I have a wedding to shoot on Saturday and a few other fun shoots lined up.....but that was before the interviews started rolling in. And now? Adam will be on his way to interview #3 tomorrow, in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
2 down, 3 to go.
And you know what's just so cool fantastically, incredibly wonderful??
He's already been offered spots in BOTH the programs he already interview at!
Yup. He's been offered a spot in Philadelphia, and one in Connecticut. Some times it seems a bit surreal-you know, in that we've-been-working-toward-this-for-long-and-now-it's-actually-happening kind of way. He did it! He's actually starting PA school next summer...somewhere.
All the praise and glory to God, whose favor is real and grace is so beautiful-it's a direct answer to prayer. I prayed very specifically back in May when his application was submitted to CASPA for early interviews and early acceptance. This last interview in Connecticut? It was last Saturday. Adam got home Sunday, after a 7-hour reroute through Vegas (that's another story, though; and I found the email offering him a spot in their program Monday before noon. Yeah. It doesn't get much faster than that! I'm so grateful...I know it didn't have to work out like this, but it's just plain fun that it has.And I am so stinkin' proud of Adam! (are you tired of hearing that yet? Well, too bad. I am. And I will continue to tell him and anyone else who listens about it...always. )
So which one will it be? Well, that's the question, now isn't it? In our heads, for the moment, it's Connecticut. But we are continuing to pray for favor in these next 3 interviews, because they are to his top 3 schools. The two in Phoenix, obviously, because we'd love to stay here, in our house, and not have to move again for awhile. Seriously, the thought of staying in the same house for 4years is kinda crazy to me right now, but oh my does it sound lovely! Next choice is Indiana, because of family and a family home to rent that are readily available?
Then, of course, it's Connecticut. You know, the one he's already been accepted to. Cautiously optimistic is the way my husband describes his feelings right now. Thankful to be accepted; yet not wanting to "make" us move again. He's a man...the protector and provider. It's part of who he is, and I love it about him- but I have the luxury of just being beautifully exited for him.
He's been accepted to PA school. It's been a long road, and I know in some ways it's just beginning...but I say, bring it on! Everything we've gone through in the past 3 years, good and bad, has been in preperation for this...I'm so excited, and thankful...and yet, still waiting. But like I said before-I'm really not worried about the interviews.
I know God's got this, and whereever we end up will be the right place for us.
But I think I'm gonna have to change the title of these posts...he's officially not pre med anymore!
Go, love, Go!

No comments: