3.05.2009

A beautiful message

I sing on the worship team at our church, and this past Sunday I got to lead a song during the service. It's one that I requested to lead...a re-done hymn that is very special to me because of the truth I've found in it's meaning. There are beautiful worship songs, and then there are beautiful worship songs that I believe God has put in my heart to lead. This is one of them...a song and one of the prayers of my heart, not only for myself but for all.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in his wonderful face
and the things of Earth will grow strangely dim
in the light of his Glory and Grace
in the light of his Glory and Grace

Isn't He beautiful?
Isn't He beautiful..
Outshining suns and stars
It's indescribable how Breathtaking You are

So I turn my eyes upon you, Lord
look full in Your wonderful face
and the things of earth; they grow strangely dim
in the light of Your glory and grace
in the light of Your glory and grace


I wish I could take you inside of my head as I lead this song...so you could feel the pouring out of the Holy Spirit, the incredible joy that takes over me as I sing about how I feel about my Father...the exquisite inarticulateness that can only be expressed in worship of His glory. I'll try to find a good version of it to link on here, so you can hear it, too...Even just thinking about the holiness this song describes and that, somehow, God shows me a glimpse of each time I sing it brings tears to my eyes. To live my life with Him in full sight means to take my eyes off of all the things trying to distract me, stress me out, drive me crazy. It means being at peace and in constant worship. And then living His plan for my life out of that peace and worship.

1 comment:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

yeah! I love this post! So incredibly true. I love how God speeaks to our hearts so individually. It is obvious he touches your heart so much through music Kristen. You rock! lv,jen