3.25.2009

It's coming!

Two months from today we will be rollin' out of D-town with our things packed in various and assorted cars, trailers, whatever we can rustle up, and heading to the next chapter in our lives. We've prayed about, talked about, planned for, and anticipated our move (both the joy and the sadness) so much over the past 4 1/2 months that I almost can't believe we're actually down to weeks now. Like 8. Adam informs me it's 60 days. I find this incredibly hard to wrap my brain around! These past 4 1/2 years have gone so quickly...and now we go. Only first I have to pack. I realized this week that I am TOTALLY intimidated by packing to move...the last time I moved was into our apartment before we got married and I moved everything in my stationwagon. I had it down to an art at that point; I think it took 2 trips, but only because I had to move my bed and a bookcase, too. Now....I don't even know where to start. Except that I HAVE started--sorted through all our clothes, got rid of old/unwanted stuff, packed up Pax's 85 thousand baby outfits and shipped them up to Ft. Collins with the folks...but we just. have. so. much. stuff. Baby stuff. Kitchen stuff. a huge crib, TV, and bed. None of which we had before we got married and/or had a kid. So I'm thinkin' the stationwagon isn't gonna cut it this time....A good friend of mine gave me some ideas about where to start, but still, everytime I look around the house, I feel this incredible "AAAAAggghhhh!" kind of feeling...any hyper-organized people out there (besides my mom, of course) who by some crazy chance think this kind of thing is just soooooo much fun want to come give me some hands-on training? I'd be open to an intervention, too...

5 comments:

Kimberly Beach said...

YOu've got a good start - cleaning out! Next make a list. . .pack out-of-season stuff; then knick-knacks and pictures; kitchen and dishes you rarely use; leaving clothes for last.

After PP I can come help - or take Pax and you can pack. We will miss you so much.

Thanks for all you have poured into our kids.

linsuewoods said...

If you want me to fly up for a few days, I can take off to help you. We will talk when you visit next week.

Love, MOM

Unknown said...

Make it part of your routine to pack at least one box every day. Linn taught me to create a list on the computer with each box numbered (on the box & on the computer), then list the contents. That way, when you're unpacking, you know that the highest numbers need to be unpacked first and what is in each box. But, practically, I would love to come help, but it would have to be a Saturday.

AshleyRose said...

Oh yeah the dreaded packing! i remember that from not to long ago. I would definitely recommend packing one box a day...that way its less stress when you get closer to actually moving. But I do know that God will give you strength to do everything you need to do. It's all His timing! :)

I'm gonna miss you guys SO much! Thanks for everything you've done for me! :)

Loya Family said...

I actually like packing. Its a great way to SIMPLIFY!!
But since we move for a living, I guess that's a good thing.
But I have never been one to plan ahead. I wait to the last minute. When we left our house for the last time we had one weekend to do it. Doing it at the last minute make you make decisions and just get rid of junk. You do not need it.
Invite all your friends over to help pack. Have some one else watch the boy. Provide pizza and good beer. Let friends take things you don't want or don't have room for. It's crazy stressful, exausting,but fun. Fast and Furious is the way to go.