4.02.2009

Thankful Thursday, once again!

Pax and I are in Ft. Collins this week, so I don't go crazy by myself while Adam is in LA...he took abunch of high schoolers to the Dream Center, and they've been getting their worlds rocked. But more about that later! Today, I'm thankful for...
....the fact that Pax got Adam's stomach. Throwing up is oe of my signature moves...all throughout my life, at random times all throughout pregnancy and labor, on boats and planes, in cars, when I have bad headaches...and yes, on the planeride up to Denver on Monday. BUT my son. He thought the turbulence was fun, laughing and bounching up and down. Which is a good thing, when Mama needs to set the kiddo down and grab a puke bag.
....for my parents. They spoil us when we're here, adore my son, and think I'm pretty good, too. Even after living with me as a teenager.
....for wonderful cousins who always drop by when we're in town, just to see us.
....for Kayleigh (my cousin's youngest). Pax doesn't see his cousin all that often, but always knows her, adores her, and loves to play with her and snuggle her. She loves him back...what a great kid! Can't wait to see her more often :)
....for my husband. Being without him for a week makes me realize just how much I love to be with him and the joy he brings to my life.
....for Ft. Collins. It's a great town, and being here knowing we're moving back in about 7 weeks makes me look at it in a whole new light.
....for cell phones that let me text Adam and send him pictures of his little boy.
....for wonderful friends who offer to help this overwhelmed girl pack up her home...thank you!! I'll be calling soon...:)
...for friends whose husbands work at All-tel and can get us boxes to pack STUFF in!
...for chocolate. I love chocolate. simple pleasures....
...for my passion for writing. My parents found some things I'd written in high school and left them in the room I'm staying...it's interesting to "hear" myself from back then, see how I've changed (or havn't) ad read funny, funny notes I passed with friends in speech class a looooong time ago (yes, I passed notes...I was bored a lot. it happens.)

No comments: