5.20.2010

4 years, 4 months, 1 year...Thankful thursday

Thursday, May 20th, 2010...guess what I am thankful for?

4 years ago today, I married a pretty great (ok, really, really great!) guy. How would I describe my wedding day? Beautiful, love-filled, and so, so fun!! Adam and I were surrounded by so many great people who made our day special that we'd both do it again (to each other, of course!) in a heartbeat. We were completely non-traditional and spent quite a bit of time together that morning- a run to "our tree" to talk and pray at 7:30 that morning, then massages before getting ready-and we took 99.9% of our pictures before the ceremony. And I am so, so glad we did. We weren't rushed, I wasn't nervous, we just revelled in our wedding day, our God-given love for each other, and a fun party! I thank God for this relationship every day- the good days AND the bad. He's the only one for me- but I believe that is a daily choice we both make, to love each other, to continually pursue each other, to play together, to choose each other over and over again...to put God at the center of our marriage and our lives (a concept that we are still learning, of course-it's a life-long journey!). 2 kids and 4 years later, I truly love him more today than I did on the day we got married-which blows me away!

1 year ago today was a crazy day. It was our 3rd anniversary, our last night at theWELL (our youth group in D-town) before we moved, and, at about 10:30 that morning, I called Adam to ask him how he felt about "having a little January baby,". A complete surprise, in a very good way; my friend and preggo-buddy had told me just 2 days earlier that SHE was pregnant...I'd been so excited for her, then paused, laughed, and said, "wouldn't it be funny if I was pregnant again, too??" little did we know :) i can't believe it's been a year already since that exciting, crazy, and extremely emotional day...I still tear up when I think about that last night at youth group, and the love that was poured out on us by "our" kids and leaders at youth group. I miss them all!
4 months ago yesterday, our baby girl was born. Today, she's a happy, healthy, sweet little peanut...11 lbs, 22 1/2 inches long, giggling at her brother (who she's pretty sure is the funniest guy in the world), snuggling her daddy (who she's got wrapped around her tiny finger), cooing and smiling at me and completely melting my heart. She's sleeping SO well (9;45pm to 5:30-6:30am; then back to sleep usually until about 7:30am!), eats like a champ, and is so far living up to her name (which means joyful). We're so very blessed with 2 healthy kiddos, and we know it. I also thank God for the honor of being a mother every day-I know it's not something to be taken lightly. I also know there's no way I could do this without the things God is teaching me about being a mother; and the side-by-side parenting of my super-husband.
* side note:I just noticed this is my 100th post...kind crazy!

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a great story! Enoy this special day.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you guys so much! And 100 posts - too funny! Give everyone kisses for me.

Jill said...

Happy anniversary! Such wonderful memories. Love you guys!