5.25.2010

High-fashion girl

Ok, not really...I just couldn't think of what to name this post and wanted something more exciting than "Little B got her ears pierced!". Cause that's what this is about...my baby girl, a whopping 4 months old, getting her ears pierced last Saturday. The reasoning behind this? I mean, besides the fact that she looks absolutely adorable....
I got mine pierced when I was 3 months old. My sister got hers done as a baby too...we lived in Tucson, and, well, it was just normal there to pierce a baby girl's ears. Part of the culture. I had lots of friends growing up who had to wait until they were 12; in fact, that's what my nieces have to do, and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. This was a decision based simply on, well, tradition. I know I'll have to take care of them for several years, and that I'll need to teach her to take care of them as she gets older-really, not a big deal to me. She'll still have to wait until she's probably 12 or 13 for "dangly" earrings; that's kind of a right-of-passage into young woman hood when she's proved she can care for them, in my mind. A loooooong way into the future. for now? We just can't get enough of how stinkin' cute those little gold balls look in her sweet ears! We got them done at an accessory store (wink wink) right by the library, and the woman who did it (one of the managers) was wonderful. Said they get babies in all the time...Pax, having watched his sister get shots earlier this week, kept telling daddy that B was "all better!" after the lady marked her ears, and told his sister, "It's ok, Bwyyve," when she cried briefly after the first ear was done. An improvement from when he very sternly told the nurse "You NOT give sister a shot!!" earlier this week.He was totally ready to take on the nurse (who's really very friendly)-he's pretty protective of her. A very good big brother...but I digress.
Ear piercing. Right. She did cry, of course- but only for about 30 seconds. And the best part is, she won't remember a thing!
P.s. she also learned to blow raspberries last week. She's pretty sure it's the coolest thing ever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. my. heck. She is so precious it hurts. I cannot wait to get covered in raspberries! And she is even more precious with earrings.

Kim said...

Next come diamonds! What a beautiful child! I'm proud of Pax for being the Warrior! Takin care of Sis!

Mike, Sarah, and Josh Dombrowski said...

What a doll she is! Hey, 12 will come sooner than you know! Good thing Pax is around to keep those boys in line! :)