4.20.2011

It's Official...

I have (another) new hobby. You know, 'cause I just didn't have anything else to do with my time....what can I say? I love color. I love pattern. I love fabric. I love to create. I especially love to create colorful, beautiful things for people that I love. And now...




I love to quilt.

I kinda jumped on the idea while we were at my aunt's house in Tucson last February; this is my first completed quilt...kinda. I made one for my little niece Violet, without a pattern or any idea of what I was doing, which was certainly made with love but perhaps not the prettiest thing...although my sis-in-law was so very sweet about my efforts. I now have a much higher appreciation of all things amazingly quilted, including the hand-quilted beauty that my other aunt made us and which will once again grace our bed as soon as it's warm enough. But THIS little quilt is for the tiny baby girl of another family I love very much...the 3rd daughter of my sweet friend Megan and her crazy African husband Benjie, the ones I went to LA to visit last February. She's due mid-June {but she won't make it that far}. So, Meg-here's a sneak peak :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! Can't wait to get it on that bed :) The colors are fantastic!!!

Unknown said...

That first quilt was beautiful! And Violet still loves it. And little tiny princess Danquah will look smashing as well.