4.27.2011

My Mad Scientist



alternatively titled, The Story of A Colorado Easter Egg.

Springtime in Colorado is always an adventure...you just never know what you're gonna get, weather-wise. Last Saturday, it snowed. It was also the day before Easter, and, since the Daddy was working and there were eggs to be dyed, I decided to call it a Jammie day and break out the dye.
Pax was SO into the dye-making...fascinated by what happened when we dropped those little tablets into the vinegar and they began to bubble. So involved, in fact, that when we forgot to make a yellow and I told him I'd make it while he started dying eggs, he refused. Insisted on sitting on the counter until the yellow was dissolved; just stirring and staring.
He was equally fascinated by the actual coloring of the eggs...which I left mainly to him, with a little help when he needed it. He dyed eggs last year; but it was over in about 3 minutes. This year he SO loved it. Totally fun!
And where was Little Bit during all of this?

she dragged her favorite little green musical chair over to the sliding door, sat down in front of it, watched the snow...and sang over and over, "DaDa, DaDa, DaDa, DaDa....", she knew it was a day Daddy was supposed to be home. And she didn't like it. So she just sat, waiting to be the first one to see him push his bike through the gate.

My sweet little Daddy's girl :)

That's all. No big crazy story, no messes, no drama. Just me n' my babies spending a sweet, snowy, day-before-Easter together.
I love days like this.








1 comment:

Kimberly Beach said...

Enjoy them! Chris turns 15 in a month and I found myself thinking on those quiet days in jammies when they were little.