5.11.2012

30 days of Pinterest.

Who doesn't know about Pinterest at this point? hands? if you don't, go check it out...it's the solution to the never-ending ohh-I-really-liked-that-idea-now-where-did-I-see-it?? that is my creative but not always so organized brain. I love it. I don't even remember who or when or why I found it; I just know it started about the same time as our move to the Valley and I've been pinning ever since. I've actually tried/made a lot of the things I've pinned, with varied degrees of success-but as I looked at my "kiddos" board today, I realized 2 things: a) I have close to 200 fun, easy-ish, or educational things pinned on that board alone and b) if we did  one of those things every day this summer I would be Super Fun Mom, for sure. And guess what? I'm gonna do it. Maybe not every day, but at least 3 or so days a week. And I'm gonna blog about it, so in 5 years from now I remember the fun-ness I had with my big kids our first long, hot summer in Phoenix while my brain was still in the newborn fog. I'm going for 30 days of Pinterest activities to start...don't think it'll be too hard. Most of the stuff I've pinned requires minimal investment, although there are some biggies in there, too.
Today?
We started off with a (super easy) bang:
Moon Sand!!
I'd post to the original pin, but the original pin didn't go anywhere...it just gave the recipe:
8 cups flour
1 cup baby oil

 mixin' it up...this is when everyone was still happy, before I ran upstairs to look for more oil and Pax tried to play with it (I'd told him to wait) and Blythe told him not to and hit him with a cup (she's pretty sure she's his boss) and Pax, well, didn't like that (he's the big brother, after all) and bit her instead. Yeah, this picture was before all that. Once we took it outside to play, however, they were loving each other again. And the Moon Sand.
 they really, really loved the Moon Sand. It's soft and sticks together kinda like regular sand when wet-the more they played, the more it stuck together. And it's cleaner than the mud they usually play with, although Adam recommends not using water to clean it up. Keeping that in mind for next time...because there will be a next time. Pinterest WIN!


....and I didn't see my son inside for at least an hour, which is always good on a beautiful day! I just ignored it when the pool got filled up and the clothes got stripped off and the Moon Sand got turned to Moon Mud. Gotta pick your battles, people.

2 comments:

linsuewoods said...

Loved being part of the experience through your blog!

Unknown said...

Ok. We are totally doing this! Lord knows I will need some ways to entertain the minions post-op. I think I probably have plenty of pins to keep them entertained for a while.