5.29.2012

30 days of Pinterest: day 5

        We're about 10 days into our activities now-I just somehow don't seem to find the time to blog it all right away. (Ok, let's be honest-usually if I could find the time, I take a nap instead. We're still in The Fog, here, people.) Usually, I pick out activities to do the night before, or a few days in advance; but this day,  I didn't have anything planned-so after breakfast, I grabbed our ipad and let Pax help me pick out an activity.(He knows all about Pinterest- he likes to look at the birthday cakes :) He saw this pin and jumped on it..mainly because it involved freezing things and then trying to get them back out again. He chose four of his cars, we filled up some tupperware with water, and he dropped them in. The hardest part about this activity was getting him to keep the freezer closed long enough for the water to freeze! After his rest time, while the littler two were still asleep, we popped 'em out of their molds and I let him have at it. First, I gave him a squirt gun-that lasted all of 3 minutes, maybe, before he came in for a knife...it was taking too long. The knife didn't last much longer. Still taking too long. So he resorted to throwing the block of ice down on the concrete-which was highly effective. And fast.
....enjoying the ice. Hey, it was 100 degrees out-we'll take ice wherever we can get it! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! We're going to do the same thing with all my pins this summer, once we're done with the actual school curriculum. :) love you guys!