12.05.2008




"Those who soar to the highest highs can also plunge to the lowest lows..." this is from one of the Anne of Green Gables books...I can't remember which one. It just hit me recently that I am one of these people. One of the hopelessly romantic, daydreaming kind who flys up on the wings of a hope, a dream, an idea, an adventure...being fully alive in my dreams and seeing them fullfilled...but I have had many, many a hard crash. I've seen my dreams dashed, my trust cracked, my heart broken (often because I put too much store in someone or something, and ended up with reality) but each time I have learned so much from the coming down. I wouldn't give those crashes up for anything. And instead of keeping my feet on the ground, as you might think such a fall would do, I am simply learning to fly more wisely--on the wings of Eagles. With my Lord as my wings, I will run and not grow weary. I will not fear. There are people in my life who have convinced me, for a time, that soaring is for children. That to try to fly now will lead everyone to laugh at me. But I am learning to believe, as I grow older, that my Lord simply wants to loose the chains of fear and doubt that keep me from flying higher--the things that pull me back down-- and see me soar!

"I can do ALL THINGS through CHRIST who strengthens me." Phillipians 4 :13

No comments: