1.06.2009

The Next Step

Finally, I've gotten the green light to let all of you who don't already know in on what's happening in our lives! In September, Adam was talking with a good friend/mentor of his who asked him a question that would soon rock our little world: Do you see yourself being a youth pastor forever? It got us both thinking, praying, wondering, fasting about our future and where we were supposed to be heading next...because we've both been feeling for awhile that while there is no doubt that the River Church in Durango, Colorado was where we were supposed to be for a season, we weren't called to be employed full-time at a church forever. We left for Hawaii shortly after the questioning started; a blessing in many ways, but mainly because it gave us unrestricted time to be together, talk, and seek God's direction. Upon coming back to Durango we knew our time as the youth pastors here was coming to an end. But what was next? More praying, talking, asking, seeking...and medical school for Adam came back into the picture. Adam has been interested in medicine since before I met him; the summer we met he was taking the EMT course and couldn't hang out with our group of friends much because he almost always had class at night. It became a running joke...little did I know what significance it would hold in our future! Flash back to about 6 months before we got engaged...May 2005. Adam had applied for a job at United Blood Services, and, seeking God's direction in both our lives we prayed that if God wanted Adam to pursue medicine (at that time, PA school) he would get the job. He got it, and that's where we thought we'd be headed right after I graduated...but, as usual, God had other plans. So we became the youth pastors at the River Church instead! Ok, so it didn't happen quite that easily...but it happened. We were a little confused, since we felt God had clearly said "yes" to medicine. We also knew we were to be at the church working with the kids. So we figured it was for later...jsut didn't know when "later" was. Well, here it is! Later. And so, come May 25th, we will be moving back up to Ft. Collins so Adam can start on his pre-reqs for med school. No, we don't know what field he's going to pursue-or what school he'll go to-or where we'll live-or how we will live-but we DO know that God is calling us to this next step. And when God calls, we must obey. So here we go! Excited, nervous, unsure as to how it will work out but compleatly at peace that it will work out. I'm so thankful for the past 4 1/2 years we've had in Durango. Moving here was a very hard transition for me, but I knew there was a plan for me here...and it's been amazing to see what He has done. I will miss all the kids, the friends, the family. I'll miss singing on a wonderful worship team, and working with a senior pastor who has been so supportive of us both. I am trusting that God knows my dreams and cares just as much about seeing them come true as he does Adam's. A long road is ahead of us. I know. But I also know that without the time we've spent at the River Church, we would have an even harder time getting through med school without sacrificing our family. Adam has had a mentor who has become a true friend and has taught him more about being a husband, father, and man of God than I would have thought possible in a year and a half. I have complete trust in my husband and the man he is and will continue to become; I have complete trust in my God and the joy He takes in us following His path for our lives. We could use your support, though. Transitions like this are never easy! ...will you join us in this next step?

2 comments:

AshleyRose said...

Hey Ms Kristin, I'm so happy for you! I'm glad you have a chance to complete the rest of God's plan for both of your lives. It's amazing to see what He can do when you give your life to Him. Even though I've only know you a short time I'm going to miss you and Adam a lot. ~Ashley Zajicek~

P.S. You have a beautiful voice!

Jo said...

So excited to see you guys step out in what God is calling you to do. You have our support 100 and 10% It is always amazing to see what God does when He challenges and moves people like he has moved you; and what a testimony to all the kids - that have dreams as big as yours and Adams.