1.17.2009

Pax's first haircut!





















Last night we had dinner with some good friends of ours in Bayfield. At some point, I realized that Pax's beautiful baby curls were the same length as their 2 1/2 year old daughter's...and they are trying to grow her hair out. Now, I know Pax has a lot of hair and it's totally sweet to see his little curls; but a mama can only take so many people asking if her sweet little boy is, in fact, a little girl because of said curls. So. Fast forward to mid-morning..Adam and I decided to just go for it. I got out the scissors and comb, Adam got out a towel and his high chair, we made him some chocolate milk (a bribery trick I learned from my fellow mom-friend, Jill..P had never tried it before, so we thought it might get him to hold still!) and we put on the wonder that is Praise Baby. Like Baby Einstein, but to praise music...it's like a drug to Pax. He actually stops EVERYTHING else and sits (or stands) compleatly still and captivated through about 3/4 of it. We strapped him in the chair and I went to work! It worked perfectly...he was so mesmorized by Praise Baby, I don't think he even noticed I was doing anything until I got to the front and accidentally got in his way. While I was cutting off the beautiful curls (somehow, it was easier to cut them off myself than it would have been to have someone else do it...) Adam was snapping away, so we ended up with about 40 pictures of the momentous occasion. I won't bore you with all of them, but here are a few! and yes, i did keep a few of the curls for his baby book.


Snipping station Bleger...seriously couldn'y care less, if Praise baby was on!



The "big Boy" haircut, enjoying the last of praise baby..he doesn't look like a little baby anymore!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh he's still the cutest little man. Now he just looks like a more grown up little man. Good job mama! It's hard to cut hair. You did awesome!

Miss. Jinny said...

He is super cute and super grown up he is a handsome little man! I love him so very much! Good Job! Krisis!

Unknown said...

Oh, our big little boy! How we love him. You are much braver than I!

linsuewoods said...

He is even cuter and more adorable although looks a little more grown up. It just makes you want to hug him! Good job on the haircut Kristin.

Love, MOM