1.05.2009

A chocolate story


My wonderful husband spoiled me with a beautiful new camera for Christmas...a Nikon D40, for those of you who know or care...and we've been having lots of fun with it ever since! After dinner tonight I was folding laundry, Adam was doing something (I really don't remember what...sad, because he was standing right next to me :) ) and Pax was playing by himself in one of the cupboards that is "approved" for him in the kitchen, since there is nothing dangerous in it and nothing he can get into...so so we thought. We were just doin' our thing, talking and listening to his happy baby babbling in the kitchen when all of a sudden we heard him go "MMMMmmmm!" and then excitedly babble some more. This caused a little warning light to go on in my mommy-brain....why would he be doing that while playing in the cupboard? He knows what this means and uses it exclusivly when he eats something he likes....so I asked Adam to peek over the counter and see what he was up to. He responded something like, "He's just playing in the--OH! (laughter..) what did you find?" And what had my sweet little son found? Check it out...the remains of a HUMONGOUS Gheridella double chocolate bar my folks brought up at Christmas and we used for making chocolate covered pretzels. At least he knows the good stuff when he finds it! If you look very closely at the first picture, you can see his little teethmarks in the chocolate. Is it bad that my first thought wasn't to take the chocolate away from him but to run for my camera?

4 comments:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

What a smart little man. I bet he was delighted to find out that the treat he found was delectable and delicious. He must have a sweet tooth like his Daddy... :) thanks for sharing this sweet story!

Unknown said...

He looks just like Adam! Too funny!

linsuewoods said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
linsuewoods said...

Pax is a very smart little boy. Go for the good stuff!

We so enjoyed our time with you over the holidays and seeing the little guy's antics in person!

Love, MOM