11.26.2008

Ft.Collins=Fun!

We're up in Ft.Collins this week, at my parents...this is the town I moved to as a toddler and grew up in...where Adam and I met and began our relationship...where we got married...where my parents still live in the same house I grew up in. It looks a little different now, and my old bedroom has been turned into the "grandbaby room" for my 5 year old nephew Ayden and Pax, but we always love coming here. Good people, good memories...anyways, we're been having a blast this week. Adam and I have gotten to go running together in the mornings while Pax plays with his much beloved older cousin, which is a real treat or me! I almost always run by myself, since I go after Pax wakes up and take the stroller. I miss having a running buddy! We just run and talk and enjoy each other's compay. Once we get home, we are immersed in boyland-a fun change for Pax from all his girl cousins. He loves those girls...but Ayden plays soldiers! and wrestles! and hide and seek! and blocks and army! And camping...this morning, when the boys invaded my parents' bed (a daily occurance for Ayden that Pax is learning about) the four of them found flashlights and camped. Apparently, mountian lions showed up...and as Ayden roared like a mountian lion, a little baby mountian lion copied him. He wants to do absoutly everything his big cousin does...which leads to the next exciting news! Pax is walking! Last night, as I played with him, he picked up his ball and started running towards me. No looking back! He's been walking (running, mostly) on and off all day...especially to his aunt Kristen (my brother's wife...yes, it is confusing!) He loves brunettes...and she loves that he'll walk to her! Tonight we're going swing dancing with my brother Ehren and Kristen, and Grammy and Grandaddy are watching the kiddos. Another great thing about Ft. Collins...lots of dancing opportunities. We made 6 pies this afternoon...I'm alittle afraid Adam will eat all the pecan. Gotta run and take the kiddo out of his highchair--I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Hope you al are enjoing your holiday as much as we are!

No comments: