11.13.2008

Thankful Thursdays


Thursday again...what a quick week! Thursdays are fun...since Adam has the day off tomorrow, it's like our Friday night. So this week...

1)I"m thankful that I get to hang out with my family tonight, no plans...never know what we'll end up doing, and it's great! Might end up with friends, might rent a 99 cent movie from City Market and stay home. Just thankful for a little quality time with the fam!

2) For change. It's sometimes scary, and being in limbo is a hard place to be patient in...but I am thankful for it because it means I am truly listening for my Lord and Savior as He directs our family, and obeying.

3)For the chance to go to my parents' for Thanksgiving. It's been several years since we've gotten to go to the front range for Thanksgiving, and getting to spend this day with lots of family-aunts, uncles, cousins, nephew, parents....it's so busy and crazy and FULL and I can't wait!!

4) For the wonderful new (to us) car that will get us to Ft. Collins. I don't even have to think about wether or not it's reliable...so thankful for peace of mind!

5) For Ashley Desko and how much she loves our little boy. Knowing that she will be at our house tommorow night, playing and loving on Pax, makes my date night with my husband even more enjoyable.

6) For the blessing of a gift card from a very generous family who is helping to make our date night tommorow possible!

7)Beautiful late fall days.

8)Special holiday flavors being back at Starbucks and Baskin Robbins. It's a silly little thing, but I'm thankful for it because it makes the holiday season seem to start even earlier...and I love this time of year!!

9)That my son is finally sleeping through the night with absolutly no wake-ups. It's been a long road, but God has given us Grace for this season, for which I am also very thankful; and, like everything else, my little boy did it when HE was ready to do it.

10)That God created me as I am. I am still learning what this means in many ways; but I am so thankful for the way God created me. And that He created me to compliment to my husband, my friends, my ministry, my family...I bring something to all these areas that no one else can. For a long time I felt "weird" or "different"...now I am so thankful for it.

1 comment:

Jill said...

First of all, I love the picture. Nice lips! And secondly, yeah for sleeping through the night! You guys are amazing troopers and wonderful parents. So glad you can sleep all night now. Have fun on your date!